Fun Friday: Guess the Smartypants Lyric
Our best ideas happen in IM. Carlie & I were chatting about the slogan for the YA Section's traditional sassy buttons for this year's conference, and started using our prodigious vocabularies to smarten up the lyrics of a certain quasi-royal multi-platinum artist's recent hit song . Next thing we know, we're writing this post.
- If you are lacking in financial resources, kindly return your bankrupt posterior to your dwelling place.
- They attempted to steer me to a place of recovery, but I was disinclined to acquiesce to their request.
- The lady was quick with her mechanical workings. She paid special attention to the fastidious state of said workings. She happened to be the finest example of feminine pulchritude that I had witnessed to date.
- Everyone was transfixed by her rear-flattering denim trousers and her footwear. Suddenly, we were all shocked to see her writhing near the floor!
- Previously, I was very nervous. I gazed at the floor. I couldn't get my response out correctly after you inquired as to the state of my thoughts.
- Please escort me to the sunny metropolis, where the lawns are well cared-for and the female residents are pleasing to the eye.
- Dear John, I don't feel kindly towards your female companion. I think you might want to consider starting a new relationship. You know, you might consider me for that post.
- No entity, none whatsoever (and I really mean that) exists that has the power to interrupt my feelings of adoration regarding your person and self.
- The supervisor of those held captive by the state hosted a get-together in the taxpayer-funded correctional facility.
- Assistance! I am in need of a person! Au secours! Only a very special person will do! You are well aware that I must have an aide of some kind! Rush to my side!