8 More Random Things
I'm fairly certain I posted 8 random factoids about me some months ago, but since Janie tagged us all, I'm happy to share 8 more. Here goes:
- I'm the eldest of three girls. My youngest sister (who returns from a fabulous semester abroad in Scotland tonight!) is 10 years my junior.
- When my Mom was pregnant with my youngest sister, I wanted my parents to name her Scheherezade. I couldn't pronounce it, but it sure did look pretty.
- Eventually, we all (yes, this was a group effort) settled quite happily upon a different name: Charlotte.
- I just attended my 10-year college reunion, where one of the activities was singing songs of praise to the Goddess Athena in Ancient Greek. I'm not kidding: traditions are very big at Bryn Mawr. Photos forthcoming on Flickr.
- My favorite Coen Brothers movie is The Big Lebowski. My favorite movie of all time is Rushmore.
- I can mimic a variety of English accents: Home Counties/posh, Manchester, and general (not posh) Londonish. My husband is sort of freaked out by my ability to speak in these accents.
- I have zero skills on the mic, and in the unrelated but no less important department of present-wrapping, I am also a total disgrace.
- I am (possibly unhealthily) obsessed with Hello Kitty. Don't judge me.
- 8:49 PM: Rock! My parents and sister just called from the airport to say they've picked up Charlotte and are on their way home! T-minus 10 minutes till I see my baby sister!