Fun Friday: "Are we going to catch that Sirius Black dude?" Dean asked Sam.
Hi, everyone. My name is Carlie, and I like fanfiction. (Want to know more about fanfiction and the people that create it? Come to the panel that Liz and I are presenting that the YALSA YA Lit Symposium in November!) Specifically, I like drabbles, a form of fanfiction in which the entire story takes place in exactly 100 words. Often, people write drabbles around one very specific idea, or sometimes a word prompt, anything from "storm" to "dedication" to "triumph."
Your Fun Friday event is to write a drabble based on one of my favorite TV shows, books, or movies: Harry Potter, Sweet Valley High, Numb3rs, House, M.D., Star Trek: The Next Generation, Veronica Mars, CSI Las Vegas, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Supernatural, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Casino Royale, Ocean's 11. The drabble must somehow involve a library because that's what we do around here and contain the word "birthday" because mine is coming up on the 17th. Other than that, anything is fair game.
Here are some prompts to get you started, Feel free to use these if they suit you, or come up with your own idea:
- Tell me about the shining moment of Dean Winchester's high school career.
- Charlie Eppes finds out math really can't solve all his problems.
- Who was the first patient Gregory House couldn't save in time?
- Jack Skellington decides to celebrate Easter.
- What other career(s) did Beverly Crusher consider before becoming a doctor?
- Gil Grissom is assigned a lab partner in college who hates dissection.
- Complete this line of dialogue: Harry said, "Ginny, I hate to tell you this, but I really like..."
The writer of the drabble I like best gets their choice of books: A galley of Confessions of a Serial Kisser by Wendelin Van Draanen, a paperback of Klepto by Jenny Pollack, a paperback of The Squad: Killer Spirit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, or a galley of The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson.
(Really, if it's not exactly 100 words I won't yell at you. Just have fun.)
Labels: friday fun