I was double-tagged by Liz and Gigi , who likes shopping for cute shoes as much as I do, so here are 8 Random Things about me.
1. I know all the words to Don Maclean’s “American Pie.” But since I am completely tone deaf you really don’t want to hear me sing it. Trust me.
2. My favorite thing to read is satire and humor, which leads me to number 3.
3. One of my best used book finds ever is a Random House Modern Library copy of “The Best of S. J. Perelman” copyright 1947 with many of his articles from The New Yorker and dedicated to Robert C. Benchley. In “Nothing But The Tooth” Perelman writes, “I am thirty-eight years old, have curly brown hair and blue eyes, own a uke and a roadster, and am considered a snappy dresser in my crowd. But the thing I want most in the world for my birthday is a free subscription to Oral Hygiene, published by Merwin B. Massol, 1005 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA.” If this were an online personal ad today I would answer it.
4. The best thing I saw on television last night was Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers pitching the team’s first no-hitter since 1984.
5. The best sports moment of the week belongs to Rags to Riches--the first filly to win the Belmont Stakes in 103 years. You go girl!
6. The most fascinating television series that I am watching right now is “The Universe” on The History Channel.
7. The Boys of Summer. My favorite team is the New York Mets, but my favorite baseball player is Mike Lowell of the Boston Red Sox. And of course I adore David Ortiz aka “Big Papi.” My favorite humorous baseball moment was in the May 3 game against the Seattle Mariners when Big Papi decides not to run over Mariner’s short stop Betancourt as he tags him out and gives Betancourt a giant bear hug instead. Very funny!
8. I exercise every day and when the weather is nice I am out on the tennis court as often as possible.
Gosh, everyone I know has been tagged so that’s it for me.