If the ALA Youth Literary Awards Were More Like The Oscars
Everyone jokes about how the ALA Youth Literary Awards is the Oscars of children's and young adult literature.
I was wondering: what would the ALA Awards look like if they were more like the Oscars?
* Past winners would announce new winners.
* Jake Gyllenhaal would come to ALA New Orleans.
* Winners would get gift bags worth six figures.
* Publishers and magazines would compete with offering lavish parties.
* The winners would be on the cover of national magazines.
Any other ideas?
Technorati Tags: Oscars, ALA, ALA Awards